Who: The Meeting Pool
What: TECHknowledge Area at IMEX America
Where: Booth 265
When: October 18 – October 20
Questions: Tara Thomas, +650-455-7658
The Meeting Pool, the global authority for event technology marketing, news, information and directory listings for event marketers and professionals, will host the TECHknowledge Area at IMEX America.
The Meeting Pool’s TECHknowledge Area is a sales-free zone, open to all attendees during exhibition hours. Experts from The Meeting Pool will be available to answer questions and demonstrate the latest and greatest technology for the meetings industry.
The TECHknowledge Area will also feature a host of event industry icons who’ll present on emerging trend topics, discuss technology and interact with event professionals from around the globe.
The TECHknowledge Area will feature:
- The TECHbar and Gadget Lab featuring a hands-on tech playground where attendees can experience a range of technology solutions, apps, gadgets, toys, wearables and more.
- TECHbyte – educational sessions (see schedule below) featuring the latest information on a variety of event technology topics in a short, digestible format.
- A live streaming of Will Curran’s #EventIcons podcast, featuring a top-tier lineup of industry leaders (see schedule, below).
The TECHbyte sessions are:
Tuesday, October 18
- 11:30 AM – Top 20 Apps for Staying on Top of Tasks and in Touch with Teams
- 2:00 PM – The Event Technology of the Future? A.I – Artificial Intelligence
- 2:30 PM – The Latest Advancements in Wearable Technologies
Wednesday, October 19
- 11:30 AM – Your Brand, Your Event, Your Story – on Snapchat
- 12:30 PM – Break Your Excel Habit & Choose the RIGHT Tool for the Task
- 1:30 PM – Increase Event Performance and Power ROI with Data Driven Technology
- 2:00 – 4:00 PM – #Eventicons Speakers:
Thursday, October 20
- 11:30 AM – NEW, NOW & NEXT Apps to Boost Personal & Professional Productivity
- 12:30 PM – Exciting Advancements in Hotel & Venue Specific Apps
- 2:30 PM – Reduce Email and Reinvent Real-Time Communication
The #EventIcons podcast will broadcast on Wednesday, October 19 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. The podcast will be live streamed and hosted by Will Curran of Endless Entertainment. The schedule is as follows:
- 2:00 PM – Tara Thomas, Founder and CMO of The Meeting Pool – “What is the TECHknowledge Area”
- 2:15 PM – Aaron Kaufman, President of Fifth Element Group – “What is There To Do For An Event Planer Like You?”
- 2:30 PM – Alex Plaxen, Social Media of Little Bird Told Media – “Social Media, Attendee Engagement, Storytelling”
- 2:45 PM – Marin Bright, CEO of Smart Meetings – “Meeting Planning Trends, Market Ideas and the Future of Planning Meeting Planner vs Supplier Needs”
- 3:00 PM – Adam Parry, Editor of Event Industry News – “Event Technology, Event Management, Event Design”
- IMEX Pitch Winner
- 3:15 PM – Jural Holub, US Marketing Director of Slido – “Audience Engagement, Meeting Design, Networking”
- 3:30 PM – Carina Bauer, CEO of IMEX – “IMEX and the Meetings Industry”
- 3:45 PM- Miguel Neves, IMEX Social Media – “Live Streaming to Next Event”
The TECHknowledge Area is sponsored by IMEX, Totally MOD, Somers Furniture, Endless Entertainment, Trade Show Internet, etouches, Conference Solutions (CSS) and Dancing Deer Baking Company.
Stop by Booth 265 to view a session, enjoy the atmosphere or have a coffee and a treat while we discuss innovations in event tech. Follow us on Twitter @meetingpool and #IMEX16.
Latest posts by Leah Layzell (see all)
- Press Release: Meetingsbooker.com expands global coverage with Regus - April 27, 2017
- PRESS RELEASE: Marketers Deliver Thumb-Powered Video in Print (Yes, You Read That Right) - April 6, 2017
- Music Monday: When Christmas Comes Around By Matt Terry - December 19, 2016