Who: The Meeting Pool
What: TECHknowledge Area at IMEX America
Where: Booth G265
When: October 10 – October 12
Questions: Tara Thomas, +650-455-7658
The Meeting Pool, the global authority for event technology marketing, news, information and directory listings for event marketers and professionals, will again host the TECHknowledge Area at IMEX America 2017.
The Meeting Pool’s TECHknowledge Area is a sales-free zone, open to all attendees during exhibition hours. Experts from The Meeting Pool will be available to answer questions and demonstrate the latest and greatest technology for the meetings industry.
The TECHknowledge Area is sponsored by IMEX, Trade Show Internet, AFR Furniture Rental & Event Furnishings, etouches, and Conference Solutions (CSS).
Trade Show Internet provides internet connectivity solutions for all types of events – trade shows, conferences, corporate meetings and outdoor events. The company has media kits for small events that contain everything meeting and event planners need to connect up to 100 WiFi devices to the Internet. Set up takes just two minutes. For larger events, Trade Show Internet’s Event IT service includes everything needed to create high-speed temporary internet access at any venue, nearly anywhere in the country.
“We’re happy to be working with IMEX and the TECHknowledge Area again this year,” said Seth Burstein, Sales Director for Trade Show Internet. “We know how important it is for tech to work well, that’s why our company Trade Show Internet provides Internet connectivity solutions for all types of events – trade shows, conferences, corporate meetings and outdoor events – regardless of the venue.”
AFR® Event Furnishings, another sponsor of the TECHknowledge Area, is approaching the future with an eye on technology in products, planner tools and a new mobile app that it provides for its customers. The space at IMEX will feature the new multi-purpose Boca Charged Collection where high-tech power meets state-of-the-art style. Comfortable white supple leather provides interchangeable seating and charging capability – the two things people want most at conferences, meetings and trade shows.
“We like to keep it easy to get work done with AFR Event Furnishings,” said Jose D. Ramirez, Marketing Manager for AFR. “We’ve partnered with AllSeated®, a free, web-based event collaboration network that harnesses the latest technologies in 2D and 3D digital rendering. This new tool helps AFR customers save valuable time and avoid costly mistakes. Additionally, we launched a mobile app in early 2017 so that our clients can plan on the go.”
From purposeful functionality to the latest trends and technology, AFR has worked hard to personalize the customer experience. Visit afrevents.com to experience the new normal – one that sets the new creative standard.
The TECHknowledge Area will also feature:
- The TECHbar and Gadget Lab featuring a hands-on tech playground where attendees can experience a range of technology solutions, apps, gadgets, toys, wearables and more.
- TECHbyte – educational sessions (see schedule below) featuring the latest information on a variety of event technology topics in a short, digestible format.
- Individual appointments for consultation or information on hiring our team for advisory services, training or TECHbars for 2018.
The TECHbyte sessions are:
Tuesday, October 10
- 10:30 AM – Simple Design Tips and Tools for the Non-Designers
- 11:30 AM – Break Your Excel Habit and Choose the Right Tool for the Task
- 1:30 PM – How to Host a TECHbar
- 2:30 PM – Event Networking 21st-Century Style
- 3:30 PM – Why Are You Still Not Snapchatting?
Wednesday, October 11
- 10:30 AM – Apps to Boost Personal and Professional Productivity
- 11:30 AM – Break Your Excel Habit & Choose the Right Tool for the Task
- 1:30 PM – Event Networking 21st-Century Style
- 2:30 PM – Get the Most out of the Productivity Tools You Already Use
Thursday, October 12
- 10:30 AM – Hot Travel Tech and Gadgets
- 11:30 AM – How to Host a TECHbar
- 1:30 PM – Maximize Your Live-Event Online Strategies
Stop by Booth G265 to view a session, enjoy the atmosphere or have a coffee and a treat while we discuss innovations in event tech. Follow us on Twitter @meetingpool and #IMEX17.
Latest posts by tranghuynh (see all)
- Media Alert: TECHknowledge Area Features and Schedule at IMEX America 2017 - October 7, 2017
- Upcoming Events for Event Pros - September 5, 2017